Re: Mobius part 2

On Jun 26, 2006, at 11:43 AM, Per Boysen wrote:
> Usually people  make the choice for either Max or Reaktor, since
> they are somewhat similar although at different levels. They say
> that if you know Max you can build your own Reaktor ;-)

When I decided to pick up my guitar again after years of neglect,
back in the late 80s, I started out thinking how cool it would be to
build one “just like I wanted...” After buying a bunch of books on
the subject, talking to folks, checking out suppliers, etc., I
finally realized that what I actually wanted was to PLAY the damn
thing, not set up an elaborate and endless alternative playground
between me and the real goal.

Much as I love Reaktor and as often as I’ve set out to prove its
awesome and incontestable power, I must admit that my various love
affairs with cool hardware have all led to much more actual playing,
much more quickly accomplished and sustained over longer periods,
than anything I’ve done using Reaktor's "endless alternative
playground.” It’s all too easy with software as vast as Reaktor to
get seduced into moving quickly on, endlessly hunting out and
stockpiling potential toys from the User Library and to looking for
"ever more powerful" toolkits, instead of exploring what you've
already got ever deeper. Totally fun, of course, but it's good to
remember the original vision now and then.
dc