Re: FlyLooper & market potential

Hi folks

> The average guitar player gigs at home, where their PC lives.  Most
> folks don't play out, guys.  As for PCs, I look at all the college
> students in my neighborhood and they're all packing laptops.

This is exactly the audience I have in mind!!
So, if you have a "out-of-the-box" package that comes with plug&play USB
foot controller and nice software (maybe add some free plugin effects?),
all together for 80,- USD/EUR, hell, I would go out and buy one
immediately, just out of curiosity.

IMHO, the audience is _not_
... professional hardware loopers who pay 1500$ for a Looperlative (that
they add to their collection of 2 EDPs, 3 Repeaters and a dozen delay
effects...)
... professional software loopers who are using Reaktor, GuitarRig2,
MAX/MSP, Ableton, Möbius & oothers, a carefully programmed MIDI
footcontroller and a collection of VST plugins for several thousand
dollars.

No, it's  the average kid with his guitar and computer who get's excited
about "Garage Band" and wants to be able to say "look, I'm looping!".
So, in a way, it _IS_ actually the mass market that M-Audio is addressing.
Just needs the right packaging.

For anything else, you'd have to have some REAL killer application that
Ableton Live or others don't have (and cannot imitate easily).

Best regards
Buzap