Re famous folks on list (Re: RC-50 video on summer NAMM)

Kris wrote:
>>What would be sad and unfortunate is if the world developed a "class" of loopers that gain enough popularity in the public eye that they forget their roots and feel they don't have to talk us anymore.  And in this light, I would like to see more famous loopers posting on this list, rather than the occasional "popping in".<<

I think it has far less to do with elitism and more to do with time - I'm not particularly famous, but I am a full time musician, and have precious little recreational time to devote to following LD. Every now and again, something pops up that interests me, then I end up reading a few digests for a day or two, and then disappear again cos I've got music to write, record and promote, as well as students to teach.

I'm sure with people like the lovely Mr Torn, there aren't enough hours in the day to do the things he HAS to do, without getting into the time-vacuum that is internet discussion lists... :o)

and with that, I'm off to my gig...

Steve
www.stevelawson.net - site
www.stevelawson.net/zencart/ - shop