Re: OT (somewhat) What DAW for the Mac do you recommend?

I love Digital Performer (been with it since it was performer 1.8). In
fact, it is an important part of my life, I can't imagine life without
it. :-) I run it on two different machines, a g4 laptop and g4 desktop.
It is bulletproof on my machines, so I'm sorry to hear about your
problems.

BUT, I have stayed with 4.6....I've heard of problems with v5...various
bugs.

It would seem that Logic is your next, erm, logical choice....I've seen
some people do some amazing things in it, even in live performances as
a real-time processing tool. BUT I do some studio trumpet work for a
big-time studio that uses it (that's right, they don't use pro tools),
and it crashed regularly the last two sessions there....

I think if you know DP well, you might just hang in there with it and
wait for the next stable updates, and then stick with that version
until your machine dies......

Jeff Kaiser
http://www.jeffkaisermusic.com
pfMENTUM.com • AngryVegan.com