From: Daryl Shawn [mailto:highhorse@mhorse.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 1:20 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: OT: New Nylon String Through my Laptop system....

Todd, there's always the solidbody Epiphone Chet Atkins - you can find them for $200 or so. They're a far sight below the Gibson version in terms of build quality, but I figure at that price one could mess around with pickups and try to get a better sound. And there's almost zero acoustic projection or feedback issues. I'd like to get one just for late-night quiet-time playing.

(crap, over-OT-posting again! back to my hole!)

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
What I've never liked about running my nylon classicals through my
effects rig is the disparity between the accoustic sound of the guitar
riding over the sound coming from the speakers.  For example, when
laying down a loop, I'm hearing both the accoustic sound plus the
electric passed through the looper (& effects).  The sum, in this
situation, is greater than what actually gets layed down in the loop
and subsequently played back.  It makes it a pain to balance the
levels.

Of course, there's also the feedback issues as well.  Gotta have those
notch filters tuned up.

I've considered (when I win the lottery) picking up a Godin Multiac.
Nylon strings full classical scale & neck width, but built to be
plugged in with minimal accoustic projection.  Dreamy.  Maybe I'll
sell off some of my old gear.

Todd