AW: coping with latency when using acoustic instruments

> 1. Using a looper/recorder that compensates for input A/D latency.
> 2. Do not listen to the direct input through the computer
> system, because it won't be compensated until it's been
> recorded (looped).

You're right and this would work for me if I had a hardware channel strip
(and hardware guitar amp), but this is not the case and not something I
want
to change (it's all-laptop in my case). So most of the time, I want the
audience to hear the voice sound through all the latency things. And so
using latency compensation in Mobius (yes, I'm using Mobius as well)...

I was thinking more of some way of tricky training or "way of thinking" or
whatever that helps you not to listen to the sound of your own voice, only
what you hear from the mains/monitors. Unfortunately, the human brain uses
the timing information of the first signal, not of the loudest signal for
deciding when we hear something, so to overcome this, I'd have to listen to
the mains/monitors at deafening levels, which I do not want to do.

        Rainer