RE: OT: Small/Light Acoustic Guitar Amps

> What am I getting in a boutique acoustic guitar amp for $1000 + that I am
> not getting in a decent powered full range PA speaker?

I have one of these on order:

http://acousticimg.com/products/prod_coda.html

It should show up in September.  They've told me I can return it if I don't
like it.

What does it offer instead of a full range PA speaker?

        1) Two channels of amplification plus EQ.
        2) Claimed to be capable of covering the entire bass range
           (in exchange for loss of efficiency).
        3) Weighs about 20 pounds, complete.

The reviews I've been able to find on the web are glowing.  We shall see.