Re: Question to Claude (Was EDP ignorance)

> Wow, Claude,  that is a really cool piece!
>
> I said what I did based on something you said to me in Lago Di Garda
> three years ago when I asked you about your EDP sequencing and
> you said that you were sick of that technique and getting more into
> acoustic playing with your looping.

yes the pounding techno beat are gone and the next CD (this winter) will
feature accoustic guitar playing not looping but
I am still working on strange melodies sounds and processes (sounds more
like Giacinto Scelsi than RF though...)

> Silly me to run on information that is that old.     I didn't realize
>that
> you had used it
> in Zurich (though I heard and really enjoyed  your set) just because it
>is
> very difficult with EDP users to tell exactly what they are doing
> live............god,
> trying to figure out Andre LaFosse's command chain while watching live is
> a headache producer for sure.
>
> So,  sorry about misrepresenting you, buddy.

If I had to choose my audience I'll surely prefer the closed eyes one than
the geeky giiiitarrr one :=)

> I also have a question:     Does using the sequencer rope you into a
> predefined tempo
> when you play or can you use the EDP's midi ascertained BPM to drive the
> sequence
> chain?

my edp is sync OFF as the sequ retrigers continuously there is no need to
sync. I can even change tempo: if I go slower you may get into the loop
playin 1 and some before the next fires. if I go faster it  just reads a
part of the loop time

> I've never used this technique but it seems like a really fascinating
> approach and I may
> dust off my old MMT-8 Alessis 8 track sequencer to try it out.
>
> thanks for the music..............sorry for the misrepresentation.
>
> cheers,  Rick

hava nice day

Claude