bass/bass/drums gig in London and a recommendation...

Loopists,

I've got a great gig coming up next week, one of my Recycle Collective shows ( www.recyclecollective.com ) - featuring Sebastian Rochford on drums, from the band Polar Bear, who were nominated for the Mercury Music Prize last year - he's a fantastically intuitive drummer, the only acoustic drummer I've ever played with who could adapt well to playing with my looping. I'm hoping I'll be able to get a mic or two set up and loop him as well.

And on acoustic bass, Andy Hamill, who's played with 4 Hero, Carleen Anderson, Shea Seger, Theo Travis, Mark Murphy, Nitin Sawhney, Chris Bowden, Boris Grebenshikov, Cara Dillon, Tracey Thorn, Kylie Minogue, Ben Castle, Ursula Rucker and Harry Hill! I'll definitely be looping him, and he'll be doing some solo loopy stuff for acoustic bass and harmonica.

It's at Darbucka World Music bar in Clerkenwell on Wed 23rd August, doors 7pm, music starts 8pm, restaurant open upstairs before that. Tickets are £7 / £5 concs (MU/OAP/SU etc. bring proof). www.darbucka.com

And a recommendation  - don't know how many of you are hip to Leo Abrahams, but he's one of the most in demand guitarists in London, having being Brian Eno's sidekick for a few years, and played with Imogen Heap, Paul Simon, Nick Cave, David Holmes, Roxy Music, Nik Kershaw etc etc. Anyway, he's got two absolutely beautiful looped guitar records out - Honeytrap, which is big on tunes and harmonies, and his new one Scene Memory, which is a really lush ambient record. Both are fantastic, and highly recommended - www.leoabrahams.com and www.myspace.com/leoabrahams

Steve
www.stevelawson.net - site
www.stevelawson.net/zencart/ - shop
www.myspace.com/solobassstevelawson