Re: Looping with sequencersoftware

Well I can't speak for those apps, but I have looped
with MOTU's Digital Performer.  It actually has a
pretty strong looping tool called "POLAR" that loops
audio.  If ProTools, Cubase, or Logic does audio
looping it's news to me.

I'm a little confused by what you mean about "tools
mentioned on the LD site."  Is there a tool we haven't
gone over?  The tools of the trade page is pretty
complete... though I don't remember if it lists MOTU's
POLAR.  It should, it sure is a real time software
audio looper.  If you're talking about the difference
between the real time looping you can do with the
tools listed on LD (such as the Echoplex Digital Pro
or software like Mobius or Augustus Loop) and audio
editing apps that let you take pre-recorded audio and
loop it... you're talking about such different things
it's impossibe to fully explain.  One cannot be told
what live looping is.  Reading about live looping is
like reading a book about swimming.  You can read
volumes about it, but the first time you dive into
water you'll "know" it in a way that reading can never
communicate.

The best analogy I can think of is that looping with
prerecorded audio in a DAW like Logic is like clipping
images and pasting them together to get a new image,
where live looping is more like dipping a brush into
oil paint.

Mark