Re: EDP Feedback control via FCB1010

-----
>I have been using the FCB's expression pedal to control the EDP's feedback
> for years. Due to the stupidly designed Exp pedal which can only be
> assigned
> to 1 midi channel, I have dedicated one of the Exp pedals specifically
>for
> the feedback control.
> This has always worked great, but I can't use that pedal for anything
> else,
> unless it is on the same midi channel.

There seems to be a bit of confusion about the FCB and only being on ONE
midi channel.. this isnt strictly true. If you look down you will see that
you actually have TWO pedals, an A pedal and a B pedal. HOORAY!
Now... it IS silly that you cant set a midi channel in each patch you
have... BUT you can set a differnt midi channel to EACH TYPE OF PEDAL
PARAMETER under your feet.

SO... you have 5 possible Prog change messages you can send... if you go
into global mode you set here what PROG1 will send on and PROG2 will send
on... and so on.

In the same way you can (I think... to be honest I havent done it myself)
set EXP1 to work on midi channel X and EXP2 to work on midi channel Y...
It
all a matter of going into the global mode and setting it up...  Then you
can use 1 pedal for feedback and one for ummm... midi contrlolled air to
gas
mix on miked-up gas welder!  ka-booom!

Having been so helpful... um... can you tell me exactly how you get
feedback
under midi controll in the first place... I tried but gave up!!!

mark francombe
marks website is at www.markfrancombe.com he writes for
www.furthernoise.org
and works at www.transformlearning.com