Re: CD Production

hi Fabio

Hi people,
In these days I'm working hard to release my new CD.
It's the first time I produce a "professional CD" and I've some problems to solve.

These are the questions:
- How much copies do you think are right, thinking of web distribution (CD Baby or similar), promotions, selling at gigs, gifts, etc...

It's not worth getting less than 500 done.

- What price do you think is good to calculate for one copy in jewel case, color booklet 2+2 and color inlay card, CD printing and copy, and UPC bar code ?

try here for a quote, these are the people that I used

http://www.cdsourcing.com/quote_intro.php

When selling, just look what everyone else sells for
(different for each country)

If ther's something other interesting I should know, please don't hesitate to tell me...

The company you choose to press your cd should supply templates for the artwork,
if you use those then there shouldn't be extra charges for sorting out the art.

Don't try and put a photograph type image on the cd itself, it usually won't come out well,
instead make a nice design with just 2 colors.

Allow plenty of time for the production.
( I had to "fast track" the process in time for the Zurich Loopfest, it cost more and was much more hassle)

andy butler

Thanks
Fabio
http://xoomer.alice.it/eterogeneo