Re: ? re: really "weird" solo loopers...

On 17 sep 2006, at 12.43, loop.pool wrote:

> Dave wrote:
> "So, if you like to loop the sound of glass breaking while ball
> bearings
> are tossed in a blender, lets hear from you!"
>

> Well,  I don't know if I qualify or not,  but on my live solo
> looping CD, Translucent Dayglo
> Lime Green Plastic,   there is a piece scored for six found/scale
> Bar Pint Glasses played
> by clitoral bullet vibrators and manipulated as a chromatic
> instrument over three octaves
> with a Yamaha WX5 Wind synthesizer;   a piece scored for a Glass
> dragged down a rusty piece
> of rebar,  pieces that used brass candy dishes and spitoons,   7
> different pieces that
> only used the title material as a source for sound,  a piece scored
> only for blue glass
> and a piece for plastic toy saxaphone (really a cheap harmonica/
> melodica combination),
> a soup pot and the entire audience of an open mic performance; a
> piece scored
> for battery powered personal fans and green flexible tubing and a
> piece in 7/8 scored
> only for dayglo green plexiglass tubing.
>
> It ain't Christina Aguilera but I don't know if you consider that
> weird or not.

I'm a lucky owner of that green disc and like it a lot! Although most
weird objects used to make music tend to sound a lot like "Rick
Walker" to my ears - which is nothing but excellent... I mean who
needs just another dildo tune?

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)