Re: ? re: really "weird" solo loopers...

David Kirkdorffer said:
"I agree and struggle with this. I'm always afraid that the weirder stuff
I've done is not "right" in some way; or worse, that it's trite and been
done.  Then the one time I took the plunge to release some of it, I
received
the highest praise.  Go figure."

I know what you mean, David....................the most 'out' record that
I've ever released
was my all experimental human and computer generated voice acapella
record,
"Faux Vox."

My wife who is really into singer songwriters and indie rock thinks it's
my
most beautiful
recording.     I am proudest of it but it has sold about 2 dozen copies
total.

Go figure.

But many of my favorite recordings by artists end up their least selling
records.

Veedon Fleece by Van Morrison

Low and Heroes by Bowie

come to mind immediately but there are many others.