Re: ? re: really "weird" solo loopers...

Luis,
That's an interesting account of your experience. I'd like to share my
story. Besides having my own creative music group "the embryo" I sing and
play guitar solo 3 evenings a week at the transit bar at the local airport
here. Over the past 2 years I began incorporating looping devices into my
playing. At first it was a way to expand my solo guitar format by creating
loops with chord progressions and later on adding guitar soundboard slaps
which was ok with familiar covers. The story goes really when some drunks
were asking for Hotel California and then asked midsong where's the guitar
solo man?!" and at the end of of it will flap their hands like sea lions
only missing them with one of them hollering "ya ya, that was so so but
where was the rhythm guitar man!?" I smiled but felt so defeated. Then I
discovered the DL4! Those same folks were rolling on the floor went they
came by and are now one of my regulars. Heh :)

Anyway later on along the way after much ongoing trial and embarrasing
(hopefully forgettable) on the job errors I expanded my cover improvs into
loopy soundcapey territories just to see how I could go with this and to
see
how the audience and the management's staff would react. I usually had to
make a visual scan of the place and decide if it'll work beforehand. My
confidence was built upon expressed accepatance and encouragement from the
many lovely transit passengers I met along the way. It's occured to me that
most bar managers will only approve what the patrons do. Thankfully things
have worked in my favour so far . Hope this has been of interest. Tanx for
reading and sharing everyone! :)

Oh ya btw I use the following for my transit bar gig. Do recommend me other
interesting devices to expand my sounds ya.

Randolf Arriola uses;
1. Godin Steel Duet/ Steel SA
2. CS3 Compressor (modded)
3. Yamaha Magicstomp