RE: Y2K6 INTERNATIONAL LIVE LOOPING FESTIVAL 5th ANNIVERSARY October 18-23rd

You go girl!, er. uh I mean guy. looking forward to seeing in a few weeks.
Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Warren Sirota [mailto:wsirota@wsdesigns.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 9:33 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: RE: Y2K6 INTERNATIONAL LIVE LOOPING FESTIVAL 5th ANNIVERSARY
October 18-23rd

I've checked out the roster at  www.y2k6loopfest.com . This is going to be
one unbelievable week. Thanks to everyone involved in putting this
together,
especially you, Rick. You are a generous and dedicated person - I humbly
aspire to your graciousness.

This is going to be my "busman's holiday" this year. I'm *so* looking
forward to seeing old friends and meeting up with a lot of you who I only
know from your posts. It's gonna be great. I had a terrific time when I
went
in '04, and I have no doubt that this will be even better.

Are there any other New Yorkers planning to go? I was thinking that I'd
take
a very long shot and try and pitch an article about it to the New Yorker
magazine, and I'm grasping for some kind of NY angle.  Why The New Yorker,
you ask? Because, so far as I can tell, the electronic music magazines
don't
ever do live event coverage (I guess that's because they can't decide what
to cover, but it still seems weird and anti-musician to me. Sorry for that,
to any editors lurking here), also because I think this phenomenon (with a
small "p") has grown enough so that it might be possible to get a little
mainstream coverage, especially in the "quirkier" pubs, and the New Yorker
is among the quirkiest (and is also read the world over and a gateway to
much other publicity). Like I said, I have no reason to believe they'd be
interested, but you never know till you try. So drop me a line if you're
attending from NY.

Best wishes,
Warren Sirota