Re: Short loop fades more quickly than long loop with same feedback setting

On 28 sep 2006, at 00.35, Warren Sirota wrote:

> I guess I don't see why feedback would have any better utility than
> fade -
> it seems more limited, and its destructive nature doesn't seem like
> an asset
> in any situation that I can envision (I'm sure others are more
> imaginative
> than I). Don't have time for an archive search now, so sorry if I'm
> repetitive of something there.

One good thing with using feedback to fade out a loop is that you
simply reduce the feedback a little and then you are free to do other
things like looping on a different channel/looper while the first
channel/loop fades out by feedback layer downscaling. I do this very
often; work on one looper track while putting others to slowly vanish
by reducing there feedback.

With Undo a feedback fade-out is not "destructive".

When I'm in a situation with long loops and short loops playing back
together I can not use feedback to fade out all loops equally. So I
don't. If I really have to fade equally I'll use hand faders and play
instruments with only one hand for the part. Might be tricky.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)