Re: A quieter, gentler footswitch?...

On Sep 27, 2006, at 11:19 PM, Krispen Hartung wrote:

> The question is, which enquiring minds want to know, Jeff, is what
> don't you have MAX/MSP doing for you...I'm visualizing MAX/MSP
> starting (loadbanding) your coffeemaker in the morning,

It heats my kettle to precisely 173 degrees for my morning white tea

>  controlling (via some monstrous object and set of parameters you've
> concocted) the humidity of your cigar humidifier,

midi-controlled hygrometer....how did you know? 72 percent is the
perfect humidity, which is also the midi number for c above middle
c....the hygrometer is set to play notes at every degree...flat it
triggers and dispenses distilled water, sharp it doesn't.....

> mixing (via the mix/fader object) your drinks at night, and many other
> mundane tasks that only mere mortals concern themselves with.... :)

It's not hard to mix a Scotch neat.....still have problems with it
trimming my cigars: it does well with robustos, but blows it on the
perfectos.

> The thing is, I'm right behind you....because I need to pick your
> brain now on this whole EV5 controller thing. I have one, and I'd love
> to use it to control my VST parameters in MAX/MSP....problem is, all I
> have is USB connections, so I may need another solution. Of course, I
> could use my FCB, which has two expression pedals, where I could
> assign them to one MIDI channel, and my buttons for Mobius to another
> MIDI channel...but then I'm back to dragging that boat anchor around.

To keep this on target: I will gladly get together with anyone while at
the Y2K6 (http://www.y2k6loopfest.com/...pimpin it yeah) and show them
how this stuff works. No, I'm not an employee of cycling74.....just a
huge fan after converting me from carrying all that heavy gear.....

max/msp cut my chiropractor bills in half......

Jeff Kaiser
http://www.JeffKaiser.com
pfMENTUM.com • AngryVegan.com