Off topic: Adding LEDs to an amp footswitch

Hi Loopers-
    Slightly off topic, but it may have applications for looping hardware
and/or FX used with same.
    I recently purchased a Carvin V3 guitar amp. (KILLER amp, by the way.)
The footswitch (Carvin's FS-44) has no LEDs to indicate which channel is in
use, or whether the "boost" function is engaged. (LEDs are on the head but
not the foot switch. I can't be turning around in the middle of a gig to
see
which channel is on, nomsane?) I would love to add LEDs to this footswitch,
and I've been asking and searching on a lot of DIY sites, but I haven't yet
been able to find a schematic to do so.

The current switching system uses SPDT switches functioning as SPST
switches. In other words, each switch has three lugs but only two are wired
up. They function as simple on-off switches, probably triggering a logic
circuit in the amp head. Each switch is a big ol' stomp switch, and the
four
switches are housed in an extruded aluminum housing that has plenty of room
for, say, a 9V battery and a little circuit board. I'd like to add LEDs for
each of the three channels plus the "boost" function so that only one
channel light would be on at a time (d'oh!) but the "boost" function would
be on-off independent of the channel (I THINK that's how it functions -
gotta check out that detail ;-) ). It should be easy to power the lights
with a 9 volt battery, and I'd like to wire it up so that it's totally
independent of the current circuit. I have a dark suspicion that some kind
of solid-state switching logic chip will be needed, which is where my brain
siezes, having no experience with DIY solid-state stuff. There's plenty of
room in the foot switch to do this. If necessary, I can swap the current
stomp switches for DPDT or even TPDT if necessary.

Can anybody cook up a schematic for this? Or is there one lurking on the
Web
that I haven't been able to find?
Thanx in advance,
Douglas Baldwin, coyote-at-large