Re: A quieter, gentler footswitch?...

On Sep 28, 2006, at 2:09 AM, Kim Flint wrote:

>> Perfectly quiet.
>
> but not at all accurate?

Is that a question or a statement? :-)

It is certainly not as accurate as some switches. I convert the pedal
input to midi and have it click on at  >115 so, basically close to
hitting the end....you can set it for even greater numbers for more
accuracy, i.e. hitting it closer to the toe. But you still have the
throw of the pedal, which would not be accurate enough for some people.

The other plus: the pedal can serve many different functions with
assignments......act as a controller or button. with less stuff to
carry.

I was just throwing an option out there...it works beautifully for
me.....

But hey, I'm an original member of "The Beatless."

>> It is all done in max/msp.....so you'd have to use a laptop.
>
> no, anything requiring a momentary switch can work with a cc or volume
> pedal in this way.

very cool! I did not know this. So it could be used as a switch in an
EDP. Nice.

best regards,
Jeff

Jeff Kaiser