Re: Bidule/EnergyTX/Audiomulch (was: MAX/msp question)

On 2 nov 2006, at 01.27, mark sottilaro wrote:

> Just to let you know, all those (I don't know about
> Max) won't let you sync to an outside source clock.
> This was a big issue for me during my quest, which
> brought me to Ableton Live.  Rumor says the new
> version has lots of cool routing features.

Bidule should be able to sync to an outside source clock (although
I'm using Mobius first loop as the sync master for Bidule). It has a
"MIDI Bidule" object named "MIDI Clock To Sync". Create a MIDI Input
object referring to the laptop's physical MIDI Interface Input and
cable from there to the "MIDI Clock To Sync" object. Here's the
manual's explanation of that object:

> It purpose is to transform a MIDI Timing Clock (Clock,Song
> Position,Start,Stop and Continue) into Bidule internal sync info.
> MIDI Clock synchronisation is an old legacy standard thats hard to
> emulate right in the slave software. The results are a combination
> of MANY factors including your bidule audio buffer latency, (lower
> the better), MIDI driver jitter and time stamp precision, and also
> the following settings:
>
> Forcing the tempo value to be fixed: the sync info will use the
> fixed tempo and still use the incoming MIDI Clock for start/stop
> and position.
>
> Specify the time signature you would like to use on bidule's side
> (time sig is NOT transmitted over MIDI clock) This information cant
> be changed while the Clock is active on the other end.
>
> Finally, you can tell the algorithm to hard resynch itself at each
> 1,2,4 or 8 mesures of the user supplied time signature. or never,
> and let drift.
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)