Re: OT: Laptop loopers, what do you do with your favorite rack gear?

nothing - I hate my rack gear. My "favorites" never were the gear,
but the patches I set up with that gear.  I simply leave it to
collect dust (and eventually for me to place my laptop and coffee cup
on to adopt a convenient posture while working on duplicating my
favorite effect patches in software, briefly looking out the window
every two hours to see if it's snow or leafs that are falling...)

I borrowed an Eventide Eclipse for a month and have owned a Firworx
for one and a half year and by studying them I found out which way to
patch effect modules to get the sounds I like (just like changing the
order of guitar pedals - they all sound different at other positions
in the chain). Now computers have become powerful enough to handle it
all in software. I don't have the money to buy the machine I actually
would need for it, but since I know I can do it later I have started
to work out a system that is small and easy to manage and play
fluently with. My "system" is almost the same in hardware and
software - it's more about "patches"; like how I like to connect for
example two dual pitch shifters with a stereo delay and compressor.
Etc etc...

per