From: Rainer Thelonius Balthasar Straschill [mailto:rs@moinlabs.de]
Sent: domenica 12 novembre 2006 23.22
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: AW: laptop setup - which rack to use

>I do recommend that route.....and a good laptop, no need for a rack mount
job.... I use a Storm Case, as I like the
>latches better (feel more secure to me). Looks like the Peli, lasts like
the Peli, guaranteed like the Peli....A little >less expensive...

Mhmm, with all the suggestions I got, I might go a kinda hybrid route:

1. still use the rackmount computer (explanation: see below)
2. put computer + easily rackmountable gear (audio interface, perhaps one
other outboard device) in a very light (but thus not sturdy) 19'' rack. 4HU
will just not be enough, so I might use 6HU and be on the safe side (2HU
computer, 1 HU interface, 1HU keyboard, leaves 2HU for further outlaptop
stuff).
3. put 19'' rack + TFT + BCR2000 + FCB1010 + further small stuff into a
Storm or Peli case.

Think that might work?

        Rainer

ps: explanation for not laptop

As I mentioned, the computer will serve a dual role both as my computer for
making music, and for some stuff @ home which requires high performance
(read: audio editing, gamez). To work well in all these fields, I want
maximum flexibility when configuring it, maximum expandability, and that at
a reasonable price.

There are some things I'd like to have which a laptop simply won't do. Two
harddiscs? Forget it. Hand-choose your mainboard, graphics adaptor etc? No
way. PCI or PCIe slots? No.

Thus, no laptop for me here...