RE: Re: new AU Ninjam client - PLEASE ANYONE PUT THAT OUT FOR VST/Windows!!!

From: Rainer Thelonius Balthasar Straschill
> see subject!

I'm willing to take a look at it if no one else wants to.  The basic
VST wiring shouldn't be too hard.  The UI will probably be the hardest
part because I would want to use VSTGUI and I don't normally use that.
Any VSTGUI hackers on the list?

Note though that there is a theoretical legal problem.  The Ninjam
client code (which I assume the AU plugin is based on) is licensed as
GPL.  This means that all other code that is combined with it in an
"assembly" must have a license that is "compatible with the GPL".

Steinberg's VST SDK uses a license that is not compatible with GPL.
This has been a long standing complaint on the VST forum, but
Steinberg shows no signs of changing this.  What this means is that if
there was some asshole with too much free time and a lawyer, they
could prevent us from distributing the VST Ninjam plugin.

I seriously doubt anyone from Cockos is going to have a problem with
this, but it would be good manners to tell them about it.

A big thanks to Os for doing this!

Jeff