Re: OT: audio to midi converter

Glenn wrote:
> you're probably so much more than on top of this already, but FWIW using
> a compressor/limiter/gate before the device, and tweaking around with it
> until it's maximized, made a huge difference on how well a now long gone
> fairlight voicetracker worked with guitar, voice, etc to midi. That was
> only mono,but pretty sure this would help any pitch to midi conversion
> process.

I still have a Voicetracker. I don't use it anymore. But it won't be
cheap, as its a colectors item... I also used VP-70 from Roland which
should also be around. I should get rid of all that old gear...
Probably christmas ith the best time to put it on ebay...

For software: look at Pd and fiddle~ it could even get you more than one
pitch. But its not at all easy to tweak it and Pd is the cousin of Max,
that said, you face a learning curve, but I am sure someone on the Pd
list has done it already and might tweak her patch for you...

Stefan

--
Stefan Tiedje------------x-------