Re: Compact guitar amp...

Yeah, that's a botique baby alright, but way to pricey for me at this
point.
I'm basically looking for something small, light, yet with some good built
in effects and meaty jazz electric tone....for trad. jazz and jazz fusion
(clean that will break up a bit).  I've pretty much scowered the internet
for days, again, looking for options. I had the Roland Cube 30 before it
was
stolen, and I am considering the Cube 60 now. I really liked the amp
simulations on that amp (one in particular that gave me a great Scofield
tone), but wanted a little more meat (couldn't get it from the 10"
speaker).
The Cube 60 might do that for me.  Price range I'm targeting is around
$300
to $375.

Fender makes a few models with built in DSP that are intriguing, the
Fender
FM 65 DSP 65 Watt 1x12 Frontman Combo Amp:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-FM-65DSP-65-Watt-1x12-Frontman-Combo-Amp-with-DSP?sku=483721

And the Line 6 Spider III 75 Modeling Combo:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-Spider-III-75-Modeling-Combo-Amplifier?sku=482272

So, right now, unless another model in the same price range and with
similar
features pops up, my choice is down to the Roland Cube 60, Fender FM 65,
adn
Line 6 Spider III 75.  I am inclined to go for the Roland out of
experience.
I saw some poor reviews on the Fender, suggesting that the clean sound was
harsh and bighty.  The Spider apears to be a good rock amp.

K-