Re: Re: Looping footwear

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006, Krispen Hartung wrote:

> I would love that! On a related note, I was talking to Jeff Kaiser a
>while
> back about a cool type of expression pedal concept. I was thinking of a
>hard
> plastic mat that had zones marked out on it. Basically, it would be like
> touch sensitive computer screen, but capable of sending MIDI expression
>data.
> So, you would take your shoes off and leave your socks on, and rather
>than
> operating a pedal, you would slide your foot over the mat to change
> expression values. There could be two or more zones, for multiple
>controller

I can get part way on this now. Playstation2 floor pad for the Dance Dance
Revolution game, PS2<>USB adapter, Mac with STEIM's junXion software for
the USB<>MIDI mapping. That doesn't give me sliders, but it does give nine
or so big buttons with arbitrarily-defined-by-me MIDI mapping for each
button.

Steve B
Subscape Annex   http://www.subscapeannex.com/