Re: Vintage Gear, E-bait etc

> --- Art Simon <simart@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  It's a chinese made
>> telecaster copy with a
>> bigsby and a bridge humbucker.

I too found a chinese telecaster copy that is very good. When making
my decision in the store this one sounded better than the new ones
from Fender, and it was way cheaper! It's a JD, Jack and Denny
Brothers. They specialize in buying loads of high quality spare parts
and send these with containers to China for mounting. So a JD can be
good or bad, it all depends on which parts happen to end up in the
same instrument. I was lucky that I found mine before it was sold. No
bigsby or humbucker though, that wouldn't fit in with the particular
Tele sound I have a need for. For twanging I use a strat. I've been
tempted to check out a humbucker equipped tele for a jazz sound
though, Tal Farlow had a nice sound IMHO with that combo. But on the
other hand, If once played for some years with an ibanez George
Benson and I think that model still does top my list for a jazz box -
will buy one again when I get rich ;-))  And put a Bigsby on it.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)