Re: Most Revolutionary Event Of the Year in Sanat Cruz, California

Here's the Y2K6 story in the Santa Cruz Sentinel:

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/archive/2006/December/30/style/stories/12style.htm
*************
Most revolutionary musical event in Santa Cruz: The Y2K6 International
Live
Looping Festival. In last week's column, I highlighted the problems that
some local musicians face in competing with national touring acts for club
space. That wasn't to say that there aren't any local musicians making
waves. Rick Walker, founder of the Live Looping Festival, has helped make
Santa Cruz the live looping capital of the world. Using modern technology,
loopers are able to record and loop any instrument or sound they wish in
real time, live on stage. Looping is a worldwide niche scene, and Walker
manages to attract to Santa Cruz the best of the bunch each year.

Walker on the looping scene: "Finding this looper's community is like
finding an oasis. People are so interested in not only being creative, but
in sharing creativity and encouraging it in the younger artists."

Kris