Re: AW: Old Topic with the scientists' unscientific reply - mainly for Per

On 1-Jan-07, at 11:12 AM, Per Boysen wrote:
I think plastic saxophones are cool! But I wouldn't want a red one, I'd prefer a dark green, or brown, with big orange dots. I've heard they sound good too!

You know, when Charlie Parker played in Washington DC, I heard he played a plastic sax. Apparently he'd hocked his good one for heroin!

I think this is all very fascinating. I think what my friend was saying was that saxes were MADE differently in the old days with lots of hands on working of the horn. So each horn could have a character of its own based on the individual building it which made for inconsistent instruments with some being amazing and some being... arf!

So far it's a good new year and I got a wicked new axe for Christmas - a Husqvarna 365 chain saw with a 24" bar. How is this relevant to looping? Well... it IS a LOOP! And it's LOUD! 50+ trees down in my woods from the wind.

I'M STILL ON TOPIC... wood... winds... two stroke looper.

And, Per, it's from Sweden!!!

richard sales
glassWing farm and studio
vancouver island, b.c.