EDP woes

I am about ready to throw my EDP out the window.

The last few times I've tried to use it at gigs, it has behaved
inappropriately.  The other day I reset the defaults and reprogrammed
all the settings, and still it wouldn't do what I expected.  Hitting
RECORD on the foot controller got me nothing.  Hitting it again and
again, eventually it started recording, but when I hit it again it
did not go into playback mode.

Sometimes it would go into some sort of incrementing present mode.
Sometimes it would go into NEXT LOOP record.

Et cetera.

Thursday afternoon as I went through all this, I sat down to write a
letter to Warren Sirota begging for some advice.  Before I sent the
letter, I went back to the EDP and it performed correctly.

That night at the gig, not so much.

Saturday, at another gig: useless.

I am at a loss.  I am not taking it on tour this week because I can't
count on the damn thing.

Anyone have any idea what might be going on?

--

David Gans - david@trufun.com or david@gdhour.com
Truth and Fun, Inc., 484 Lake Park Ave. #102, Oakland CA 94610-2730