LOOPERLATIVE demo schedule at NAMM

If you are interested in seeing the Looperlative
demonstrated at NAMM this coming weekend,
my brother Bill and I will be demoing it together
and in some solo performances at
NAMM booth 1653.

We will have official duet demonstrations scheduled at
1 p.m.,  3 p.m., and 5 p.m. on Friday and Saturday
and 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. on Sunday and will probably
do other demos at other times as well.

UK looper Steve Lawson will also be dropping by the booth
to demo the unit but he has not committed to a schedule as yet.

Come see us and check this cool piece of gear out.

I just did a performance with it as my only looper this past weekend
and had a blast.   There is a new 'Random Scramble' feature
that subdivides the loop into three different sizes of slices and then
randomly rearranges them.................this creates some beautiful
and very unusual ostinato patterns to play over.
At the same time when you scroll in and out of it,  you come back into the
portion of the unscrambled loop that would exist at exactly that time in
the loop playing constantly.

I did this with vocals on a piece where I did a long Alap (langorous
improvisation that
introduces the new Rag or scale to the listeners ears so that they can be
familiar with it as the
improvisation continues)  with an Arabic maqam (scale) that
I've been learning recently.   The resultant chopped and remixed track
just
sounded mesmerizing.
......................like Gabon pygmies if they were into composing
glitch/microsound music with their
vocals..............lol

I'm in love with this new technque.    There are plans to write software
for
the looperlative so that these
choppings can be related to musical rhtyhmic subdivisions (as they are
random slices not).

The beauty of the Looperlative is that the instant the sofware is written
any one who owns one can
just use the ethernet port on the back of the unit to download and
immediately install the new software
on your own unit.   how cool is that?

See you at NAMM,

Yours,  Rick Walker