Re: SUSStutter vs SUSMultiply

> Per Boysen wrote:
>> Anyone up for explaining the difference between these?
> ok Per, EDP speak
>
> Firstly InsertMode=SUS
>
> Now, when you use Multiply the Loop is cut to the length that you
> held the switch down.
>
> then also do
> Loop/Delay (or whatever it's called on Blackfaces, anyway it's the
> Interface Mode)=StU
> This changes the way Insert works. Now the EDP will  find some
> audio from the loop to fill the Insert, instead of just inserting
> the new material that you are playing. So SUSInsert now becomes
> SUSStutter.

Oh, so the live input will not be layered on top of the stuttered
loop then? Excellent! I didn't know this. That's useful.

> This is an "emergent artifact" from the Loop4 development, normally
> the EDP is counting cycles silently while the new material is
> inserted, but taking the audio from the position of that count is
> still possible, and has the (unexpected) result of running
> repeatedly through a section of audio which is one cycle long,
> starting from where Insert was pressed.
>
> So for a short press ( when InsertMode=SUS) you get little stutters
> introduced into the loop.
>
> Best thing is to set it up on an edp and try it.
> (I'm pretty sure Mobius doesn't have this, unfortunately)

Yes, I just noticed that Mobius has this command "SUSStutter" (which
is not available as a direct MIDI command with the EDP/Loop4). But it
doesn's work the same way in Mobius (actually I can't fine a
difference in Mobius between SUSStutter and SUSMultiply...?). I
guess, on the EDP you need to change Interface Mode to "Stu"? It
would have been great if it had been implemented as a direct MIDI
command.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)