RE: Wireless Headphones for studio use

>>I have Shure E5s that I use on the train and I like them a lot.  Is the
>wireless monitor system by them going to make me happy?  Anyone used it?<<

ah, for once, something I'm qualified to answer.

I have shure earbuds too. not sure of the model but they were £200. I use
the yellow foam things with them, which last about 3 months of
normal-to-heavy use (MD walkman mostly). they shut out everything.....
that's how you know the foam things are no good any more, when noise
starts getting in. replacements in packs of a dozen are about £10.
quality-wise, they are second only to my grado headphones, which I use
sparingly a) so I don't trash them with some beefy analogue synth bassline
& b) because they make you over-critical after a while.

anyway. back to the question.

I "discovered" the shures when artists started asking for them here, at
mtv hq in london, for in-ear monitoring during live performances.
obviously, some of them are on radios so that the artists can leap about &
stuff. as you might imagine, there's a lot of other radio chatter in a tv
studio, & a lot of metalwork about the place. the shure radio sets work
fine in this hostile environment. when I say fine, I mean good enough for
rich famous fussy people that you don't want to irritate.

hth-

duncan.