RC-50 issues

Hello to all,

In setting up the RC-50, I encountered a couple of issues and a quick
internet search revealed that they have been discussed before:

1) when switching from record to overdub the track is muted for the
first 1/2 second

2) when attempting to sync the RC-50 from an external device the
playback is distorted (as if the clock signal is somehow interfering
with the playback).

The first problem is a pain however I've developed some work-arounds
(I compose my own music, so I can simply consider the issue when
working things out.)

The second problem, though -- has me scratching my head and could be a
show-stopper.  What I want to do is to record my accompaniments on my
synths, play them back via Cubase, and sync the RC-50's tempo to the
computer.   My lead instrument is an Etherwave Pro Theremin and I wish
to build loops in real-time along with the accompianment tracks.

My real concern is the syncing issue -- has anyone found a solution to
this?  In scouring the web I found little on the sync issue with the
notion that some people have had problems with it and others have
managed to make it work.  However, I can't find out how folks went
about troubleshooting and fixing this problem.

One detail about the loop station is that, when it is syncing from an
external source, it apparently puts the tracks into quantize mode.  My
test case happened to be a loop that was recorded without
quantization.  I am wondering if that is causing a problem and when I
get home I will try it.

I really like the RC-50 although I really wish I could control all of
its functions from a computer at once.  From what I am reading, it
appears that I can choose up to three functions that I can control at
any given time -- and this is kind of a bummer.

I am also planning to take a look at the Mobius VST plugin -- perhaps
that would be a better solution for what I am trying to do.  Though...
I prefer to spread out processing across hardware devices rather than
bog down the laptop computer.  (that is, I don't have a seperate
computer that I can dedicate to Mobius and I'd have to use it as a VST
plugin).

To summarize my questions:

1) Has a fix come out to solve the record-to-overdub glitch?
2) Is there a solution to the "garbled" sound that occurs when syncing
to an external clock?
3) How would Mobius work as a VST plugin with Cubase SX3?  Is this a
possibility for live performance?

I am pretty good with "tech speak" so feel free to answer these
questions and if I don't understand what you are saying, I'll look it
up or ask you to clarify.

I am new to looping and new to this list.  Your posts have been
extremely valuable to me. As a result I am learning about looping much
faster than if I'd 'gone it alone'.

-- Kevin