Re: OT:Mac: bootcamp

On 25 jan 2007, at 22.11, Veda, Qua wrote:
> For best performance with music applications running on a new
> MacBook ,  would it be better to use "bootcamp" to create a dual
> booting environment, and put music applications in the Mac side and
> personal/business on the Windows side?
I would put everything on the Mac side. Except for some music
applications that run only under Windows XP. I have two macs right
now where I run everything in OSX (audio app's, internet, business
stuff) and it's working flawlessly. As soon as you put your internet
business on the XP side you need to start fighting with antivirus
software etc. Maybe your you can use your time for more rewarding
activites?

> Or can email, web browsing, personal finance, power point etc  co-
> exist in the MacOS enviroment (via emulation)
Why "emulation"? Are you implying that you want to run Windows
version of those office applications, but from the Mac side? Of
course that is possible, but you shouldn't do it at the same time as
you are running sensitive and CPU demanding audio software. No matter
which system you run them under, audio app's should have full access
to the system and hardware recourses.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)