ot: old topics: amps/cdrs...

i'll pipe in late to these:
the amp debate-my old 50 watt amp shot craps, debated having it fixed again (the last fix didn't last a yr, not happy w/ local store), so i decided to take a chance on one of the small practice amps i've seen--got the 10w marshall, and i must say i think it sounds good, way better than my 70's era no-name 50 watt amp. yes, i know its solid state, the marshall-but it supposedly has some circuitry that emulates tubes, bla bla. i don't really know about that, b/c i've never owned a tube amp, but i think the little marshall sounds pretty good. like the clean channel most, but the distorted channel is loud (as all the h-c.com reviews said)...since in the last 2 months i've changed almost all my gear (effects,looper, preamps, etc) and have done just a smidge of recording, and listened, i will say that i think the sound is in your hands/you....i have different gear, for better or worse, i think i still sound the same for the most part.....granted, w/o my dedicated IPS rack thing, i can't get some of the weird harmonies that i used to like, but my simpler gear can get close, but i can still make some weird sounds....

cdrs-well, i've got my 1st recordings to cdr that are now 5 yrs old, and they still sound good i think, but i do keep them stored away out of light and all, and am careful to them. and i have a few cds that are close to 20 yrs old and they also sound good, but i'm carefull w/ them also. i also have some of my very first tapes of albums from the early 80's when i was in college, and they also still sound good to my ear.
my 2 cents...s---