Re: San Francisco recommendations?

Burmese food! My favorite restaurant in the world - Burma Super Star, at
4th Ave and Clement St. There's always a wait, so do takeout or go in
the middle of the day. Clement street is an interesting walk, lots of
East Asian shops and restaurants. make sure to check out the Mission
too, especially Valencia St between 16th and 24th.

Musicwise, in addition to the ones the others have mentioned, a few rock
clubs that sometimes have edgier music: the Hemlock, Bottom of the Hill,
12 Galaxies.  Coolest venue is the Great American Music Hall.

There's also a series called Godwaffle Noise Pancakes, at various
venues, which is insanely noisy music accompanied by...pancakes.

I miss the Bay.

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com