Re: Anyone using Lemur ?

On Feb 5, 2007, at 9:54 PM, Qua Veda wrote:

Hi Bruce,
not that I have the $ to spend,   but if you were to use the Lemur mostly for AbletonLive6, Reaktor, VSTs etc , it might be wonderful and creative experience. and maybe the learning curve wouldn't be too bad.

I also wonder how hard it is to  assign all the 'widgets' to various midi controllable devices and control variables.

this is where the curve takes over. basically, pretty much everything you do with the lemur has to be "built from scratch," although i am sure there is a growing community of users who may share patches. this is old info - dating back to when i first experienced the lemur, but recent reviews i have read lead me to believe that it is still the case. like the max/msp community, of which the lemur is a step-child of sorts, people tend to guard their hard-wrought patches, so there is no big repository  of user presets as far as i know. i would check the lemur website to see if there are stock presets for working with commercial software programs.
cheers
bruce

-Qua

From: bruce tovsky [mailto:bruce@skeletonhome.com]
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 2:06 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Anyone using Lemur ?

hi qua
haven't actually sat down and used it for any length of time, but a friend of mine (o.blaat) uses it and seems to like it. when i saw it being demo'd at the cycling 74 booth at aes a couple of years ago i played with it a bit and it is an amazing thing to be able to have multitouch access, the down side is the learning curve is a bit high unless you are already facile with Max/MSP/Jitter programming.
cheers
bruce