Re: Bass FX

The Behringer's are inexpensive and decent.  Some people have issues with Behringer, and some people say they aren't really road worthy, but there it is.  I have 2 and I like 'em.

http://www.behringer.com/UB1204/index.cfm?lang=ENG

The problem I have with mixer sends is that they aren't stereo, so you lose the nice stereo signal that's coming in from your instrument.  That Auxpander looks pretty cool though and it does have stereo sends.  Nice.

Tony

On 2/7/07, Doug Wellington <dougwellington@gmail.com> wrote:
On 2/7/07, mark sottilaro <zerocrossing2001@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I run my computer based rig like this all the time and
> it's a way cheaper path than the Eventide/Looperlative
> route, if cash is an issue.

Yeah, that's why I qualified my statement with the comment about how
much to spend.  I probably have $2500 invested in that part of my loop
rig.  Heck, the Looperlative alone cost as much as my Macbook did, but
after using the LP1, I just don't want to deal with a laptop for
looping anymore...  (I like to follow the old motto of, "buy the best
and cry only once!")

> I think the key to getting a clean sound but effects
> on a loop is having a mixer with effects sends.

Any suggestions for a decent small mixer with a bunch of sends?  I
recently heard about the Shure Auxpander and I wonder if that might be
worth looking into...

Doug

--
-==-=-=-