SooperLooper -- problem recording over existing loop

Hi there,

I'm using SooperLooper as an Audio Unit in Logic 7.2.3 on OS 10.4.8 on
an Intel MacPro.

So far, it's working great, and I've gotten MIDI control working... sort
of...

I bind a MIDI command to "record" for a loop, and it works just fine:
send the message once and the loop starts recording, send the message
again and the loop immediately starts playing back.  Great!

But... once the loop is playing, it ignores any further MIDI messages to
"record."  If I press the "record" key on the GUI, I get the correct
behavior: stop playback and record over the existing loop.  But the MIDI
command doesn't do it.

Interestingly, if I use the GUI to mute the loop, even though it's still
playing back in time, NOW it will respond to the MIDI message to record
again... strange.  And SooperLooper does respond to *some* MIDI commands
during playback--I can send a message to undo the loop, and that works,
and at that point, it also responds correctly a subsequent "record"
message.  But SL ignores the "record" message while the loop is playing.
 I don't get it...

Has anyone else experienced this ?  Anyone know why SooperLooper is
ignoring my "record" MIDI message while a loop is in playback ?

Thanks for any help!

James
james@nashvillain.com