Re: edp loop copy question

SOUNDS LIKE THE RIGHT IDEA, BUT I AM USING AN FCB1010 WHICH DOESN'T ALLOW 2 MIDI NOTE COMMANDS ON ONE SWITCH, SO I DON'T THINK I COULD DO THAT LIVE. AT LEAST NOT WITH THE CONTROLLER I AM USING. THANKS FOR THE ADVICE THOUGH.

On 2/18/07, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

Per Boysen wrote:
> On 18 feb 2007, at 21.24, Sandy Rowles wrote:
>
>> I POSTED THIS QUESTION THE OTHER DAY BUT DIDN'T HAVE ANY REPLIES.
>> THERE MAY NOT BE AN ANSWER BUT I'M GONNA ASK AGAIN JUST IN CASE. I'M
>> TRYING TO FIND OUT IF THERE IS A WAY TO  DO A LOOP COPY OF A LOOP
>> BESIDES THE ONE YOU ARE CURRENTLY IN. FOR EXAMPLE...COULD I BE IN LOOP
>> 2 AND GO INTO LOOP 3 WHILE IT IS RESET AND MAKE IT COPY LOOP 1 INSTEAD
>> OF LOOP 2? I AM OPEN TO ANY INPUT ON THIS EVEN IF IT IS JUST SAY SAY
>> THAT YOU CAN NOT DO IT. THANKS
>

> I do well remember your post, but it was difficult to answer since you
> did not tell which looping device you were asking about. So I jumped

Might be possible with a string of midi commands to do fast button
pushing for you.

From loop2
  Goto Loop1 (but not long enough to hear it)
then copy to loop3 right away.

You wouldn't be able to cue it up in advance, you'd have to just press
the button in exactly the right place
(with SWITCHQUANT=OFF, or CNF depending on how you wanted to make the
copy. )

might work.

andybutler
(previously intimidated by the big block of Capitals)