Re: show me yours and i'll show you mine...

HI,

I'm sorry about that crap picture I posted earlier. Here are three
serious looping rig charts:

1)
http://www.looproom.com/bilder/2007loopingrig.JPG
is a recent in-the-box laptop rig I'm testing out at the moment.
Since I have replaced a lot of cable patching in my old (physical)
rig with scripts I let the script window stay open on this screen
shot. The schematic is pretty clear if you look at the Bidule setup.

2)
My actual recent rig is not on picture, but if you take the Bidule
setup on the picture (above link) and replace Guitar Rig 2 with TC
Electronics FireworX it will be the same thing. The point in both
these setups (1+2) is that the effect processing is beat synced from
what I play (as opposed to the other way around: "trying to sync your
playing to some machine")

3)
http://www.looproom.com/bilder/mini_rig.gif
is an old rig I used back in 2004. EDP, REpeater, analog filterbank
(Repeater and Filterbank syncing to the tempo set by the EDP's first
loop). This rack monster looked something like this: http://
www.looproom.com/bilder/looping_rack.gif

Finally:
I also took on a (failed) pilot project earlier this autumn, trying
to use only VST plug-ins. This setup chart is online at
http://www.looproom.com/bidule7patch_pboy.JPG
It worked fine, but I the 2 GHz single CPU laptop was too slow to run
it safely during performance. Note "The Bidule Audio Switcher Trick"
used here; a good tip (thanks to Paul Haslem for originally posting
that tip to this list). It saves you 100 % of the VST plug-ins you
are not playing through. An excellent way to use Bidule as a in-the-
box effect patch-bay.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)