Re: Considering building an ultimate looper...

One solution to this is to map the Pitch Wheel command (0xE0-0xEF) to
volume..
the Pitch Wheel command is 14bits, 0-16383.. no new hardware needed.. of
course
there are only 16 of these per channel, but one should be able to work with
that as well.. And, as well, the receiving device has to be able to work
with
this as well, so your milage may vary.. My reworking of the MIDI support
in the
LP1 supports this..

just tossing out ideas.. :)

peace