RE: wireless headset microphones for looping

I've used a Crown CK 312 for about 5 years, running through an EV
transmitter/receiver.  It routes through a 'cough drop', then a Whirlwind
3-way mic splitter (after the receiver, of course) and send 1 line dry to
the FOH board, 1 line dry to my IE monitor mixer and one to the mixer in my
loop rack for vocal looping.  I can not imagine working without it, now.

The 312 is a hypercardioid condenser mic.  It's not as discreet from
feedback as the better known 311 and if I did a lot with a full band, I be
concerned about bleed through.  But, for my purposes, it's near perfect.

Except that it has the appearance of an orthodontic devise....

If you are going to use a wireless headset, I cannot over recommend a
"Cough
Drop"; momentary interrupt switch.  Once that mic is in place and your
hands
are full, you cannot back off of it for any reason.

-dm

www.fixedfocus.org