lexicon jam-man mods

Title: lexicon jam-man mods

my guitarist & I have been discussing a hardware mod to our lexicon jam-mans, which would make them a bit more flexible in a straight-forward, non-mixer type setup (e.g his current setup, where the jam-man lives on a small camera tripod amongst his regular stompboxes).

the idea is that the dry signal continues to whistle straight through the unit via the mix pot, occasionally being grabbed into the unit's memory. the wet signal, however, would go via an effects loop before arriving at the mix pot.

I think there's enough room at the rear of the unit (I've had them in bits a few times to expand the memory, fit the tripod adaptor & so forth) for a couple more jack sockets- maybe just a stereo jack if the insert is going to be mono, or two if it's to be stereo....

but does anyone have any experience with the insides of the lexicon jam-man? I am quite at home with schemos & soldering, & will doubtless embark on this shortly anyway, but I thought I'd ask the list first, in case someone's already been there. I might drop a line to mr sellon too, though I don't know how much he would know about the hardware side of things...

duncan.