Re: Immersive sound

Once you start using multi speaker setups you never want to go back
to stereo. There are a lot of ways to treat multi speaker setups in a
live performance. One is to setup spins and spirals - with different
loops having different movement around the room. Another is to play
with filters and delays with each speaker being slightly different.

If you want to try playing with this you might want to try my
software - Kenaxis VBAP. (http://www.kenaxis.com/) You can set it up
for anywhere from 3 to 8 speakers. There are a couple of 8 channel
effects that really quickly immerse the audience - the main one being
an 8 channel delay. Instead of independently setting the delay time
for each speaker you choose a range of delay times for all of the
speakers so that each one is slightly different and allows the sound
to break up and immerse you. You stop hearing the du du du du of a
typical delay since there are too many separate delays coming at you.
They all blend into one beautiful sound.

If you have any questions let me know. I hope to have the system up
and running in some sort of a configuration for the Boise
Experimental Music Festival.

Stefan