VSTi piano - or other laptop synth

Here a tangentially related topic .....

I need a good keyboard synth program .... because I have a midi controller
(keyboard), and a rack mounted synth, but would like to sell the rack
mounted equip and use just a laptop (save space).....

Sampletank is good (but very expensive) ... I have been looking for
alternatives, but with little luck.  The only free ones I found (4front
and
MDA) are mediocre, and have some latency issues running with VSThost.

Can anyone offer advice on this?  I wouldn't mind spending a few hundred
if
I can get something that will replace my korg triton rack ......

Aaron

Want a degree but can't afford to quit? Top school degrees online - in as
fast as 1 year
http://forms.nextag.com/goto.jsp?url=/serv/main/buyer/education.jsp?doSearch=n&tm=y&search=education_text_links_88_h288c&s=4079&p=5116