Re: Help with my live rig

On 2/26/07, David H <the.31st@gmail.com> wrote:
> So how do I get to control aux sends from onstage, and an engineer to
> control EQ and fader levels from front of house? Is it possible?

One of the reasons I purchased my Roland VM-7200 mixer rig was that
you can connect two control surfaces - I have a twelve channel control
unit on stage with me and I put the 24 channel controller at FOH.
(When I'm lucky enough to have someone at FOH...)  Either one of us
can control anything from either place.  You can use two processors
chained together for a total of 40 analog inputs and you can install a
total of four effects units in each processor for that nice Roland
reverb, delay, etc.  Add to that the idea that each processor has
three R-Bus connectors which you can convert to ADAT and you've got a
killer live setup...  I use one ADAT connection to a KSP-8 and another
ADAT connection to an H8000.  (Yep, gearhead...)

> To make things even more difficult, I've built my rig and reputation
> on not using computers (as in laptops) onstage

Me too, so far.  I'm pretty much of a hardware guy when it comes to
live performances.  At home in the studio though it's a different
story...  :-)

Doug

http://www.softsampling.com
http://www.analognotes.com