Re: Help with my live rig

David H wrote:
> I've also thought of having direct outs on my onstage mixer go to foh,
> would it really work so simply? I'd have to send about 8 lines out,
> which isn't a ton, but its more than most small house snakes can handle.
> Even so, there is probably a way around that too. Would a mixer like the
> Onyx 1620 work well?

This is what I would do. You can always submix down to one or more
stereo pairs (or mono channels) to send to the FOH instead of all 8
lines. You can use direct outs or aux (monitor) channel outputs or even
main/submix outputs depending on your needs and the equipment that you
are working with.

If you are using direct outs the problem will be that you can't mute
your send going to the FOH. If that is a problem then can use an aux
send or master or submix outputs. You have to look carefully at the
specs of the Onyx 1620 to see if it has what you need. I have a 1640
that has 6 Aux channels which could be very useful for what you are
describing. The 1640 is really big though which is not ideal.

- Sam Nilsson